BIO-IT WORLD CONFERENCE & EXPO 2011 CALLED A RESOUNDING SUCCESS; DRAWS RECORD ATTENDANCE
Next Event to Take Place April 24-26, 2012 in Boston
Bio-IT World Conference & Expo would like to thank all speakers, attendees, sponsors, and exhibitors who came to Boston for this year’s annual event. The Expo drew a record number of attendees with over 2,000 participants from 30 countries. Thank you for making this year’s Expo our most successful event yet!
Year after year, the Expo continues to unite life sciences, pharmaceutical, clinical, healthcare, and IT professionals and provide the perfect venue to share information and discuss enabling technologies that are driving biomedical research and the drug development process.
Among the highlights of this year’s Bio-IT World Conference & Expo were:
- 160+ technology and scientific presentations in nine parallel tracks where attendees learned the latest indispensable technologies, research breakthroughs and regulatory issues impacting the drug discovery pipeline.
- Three New Tracks - Cloud Computing, Next-Generation Sequencing Informatics, and Drug Discovery Informatics.
- Plenary Keynote Speakers Stephen Wolfram, Ph.D., CEO, Wolfram Research; Creator of Wolfram|Alpha and Bryn Roberts, Ph.D., Global Head, Informatics, Pharma Research and Early Development, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. offered vivid examples of the current and future impact of technology in data for research and drug discovery opportunities.
- A special Plenary Keynote session featured a series of succinct, forward looking presentations. Special guest speakers shared their unique perspectives on the future challenges facing the research, pharma, and medical communities: Mark Boguski (Resounding Health Incorporated), Ken Buetow (NCI), Debra Goldfarb (Microsoft), James Heywood (PatientsLikeMe), Martin Leach (Merck & Co.), Yury Rozenman (BT), and Kevin Davies (Bio-IT World) (Moderator).
- Expansive Exhibit Hall consisting of over 110 companies featured novel technologies and solutions. Plus, for the first time ever, we had the New Product Pavilion located on the Expo floor, promoting the latest products and services from some of our exhibitors.
- Celebrating leaders in innovation through “Best of Show,” “Best Practices,” and “Benjamin Franklin” Award Programs.
Over 50 posters participated in our Poster Program. Poster #37 was the winner - Robert O’Hara (ResultWorks LLC) exhibiting “R&D Knowledge Management Begins with Higher Quality Data.”
SAVE THE DATE: The eleventh annual Bio-IT World Conference & Expo will be held April 24-26, 2012 at the World Trade Center in Boston. We hope to see you at next year’s event.
We will be working on the program agenda for 2012 really soon. If you are interested in speaking, exhibiting, and/or sponsoring, please contact Cindy Crowninshield, RD, LDN at email@example.com.
Coming to Europe! The third annual Bio-IT World Europe will be held October 11-13, 2011 in Hannover, Germany. Visit Bio-ITWorldExpoEurope.com for detailed information.
Bio-IT World Announces the Winners of its 2011 Best Practices Awards Program
Best of Show Award Winners Named at 2011 Bio-IT World Conference & Expo
Prof. Jonathan A. Eisen presented with the Tenth Annual Benjamin Franklin Award
Spanning three days, the meeting included 9 parallel conference tracks and 12 pre-conference workshops.
Track 1: IT Infrastructure – Hardware
Track 1 explores high performance computing technologies and techniques (traditional and accelerated technologies), architecture to handle data in a concise fashion, transferring data across networks (storage, management, safety, visualization), and grid computing.
Track 2: IT Infrastructure – Software
Track 2 explores data handling and integration activities (new approaches to integrating corporate internal data with public literature, collaborative web technologies, semantic solutions for knowledge management, open source software approaches, social media), disruptive technologies, mobile applications, and analysis pipelines.
Track 3: Cloud Computing - NEW
Track 3 provides focused research presentations, real world use cases and individual experiences with cloud computing. Themes include HPC in the Cloud, value of cloud computing studies, cloud vendors/providers, non cloud solutions that provide what the cloud does, performance benchmarking, security models, and tools and frameworks for data analysis.
Track 4: Bioinformatics
Track 4 explores databases/data warehousing (biological/public/private/genomic), epigenetics, emerging genomics technologies, general strategies to integrate information for translational studies, and biomarker discovery.
Track 5: Next-Generation Sequencing Informatics - NEW
Track 5 explores sequencing platforms and managing the instruments, workflows and data analysis tools.
Track 6: Systems & Predictive Medicine
Track 6 provides an in-depth approach from in silico to in vivo with an emphasis on drug discovery, ADME predictions, and systems medicine resulting in efficient clinical trials.
Track 7: eClinical Solutions for Clinical Trials and Clinical Operations
Track 7 explores how to leverage technology to optimize speed, quality and cost of clinical trials. Themes covered include best practices in data collection and analysis, systems integration, improving trial monitoring, recruiting and engaging patient communities using Web 2.0 technologies, adaptive clinical trials, pharmacovigilance, and utilization of EHR data for drug development.
Track 8: eHealth and HIT Solutions for Personalized Medicine
Track 8 explores the integration of life sciences, IT and general healthcare to support the care delivery process and innovative R&D of next generation health IT and personalized medicine solutions. Themes covered include EHRs and their impact on R&D, translational medicine, the development of companion diagnostics, integrating clinical data with genomic data, and technology tools to support the care delivery process.
Track 9: Drug Discovery Informatics - NEW
Track 9 will explore innovative methods, approaches and technologies that pharmaceutical organizations are utilizing for knowledge management and translational medicine.
For questions or suggestions about the meeting, please contact:
For sponsorship and exhibit sales information, contact:
Manager, Business Development
Cambridge Healthtech Institute
Cambridge Healthtech Institute